Human Resource Executives Weigh In
On Incentive Programs
Which employee reward programs work the best? Human
Resource professionals responding to The Society for
Human Resource Management's 2005 Reward Programs and
Incentive Compensation Survey comment on the most
frequently used and effective methods to recognize and
encourage strong employee performance. Here are just a
- Over 1/3 of HR professionals say their
organizations offer an
"employee of the month" or similar recognition.
- 34% of HR professionals indicate their
organizations offer non-cash,
company wide performance rewards.
- Non-cash company wide performance awards are
given most frequently
to non-management salaried employees, non-management
hourly employees, directors/managers and upper
management (in this order).
- Almost 3 out of 10 HR professionals (29%) say
offer safety achievement rewards.
- Non-monetary reward programs are "very
effective" or "somewhat effective"
for recognizing and rewarding top performers,
motivating top performing
employees to maintain level of achievement and
improving employee morale.
Customer Loyalty Clarified
Creating deep customer loyalty is a monumental goal
for businesses and organizations around the country.
Identifying and quantifying key components of the best
consumer opinions from across the United States helps to
reveal the most relevant and useful findings.
- The young and the wealthy in the United States
really like loyalty programs!
(72% with household incomes over $75K participate in
at least one program)
- 80% of Americans indicate that loyalty programs
- 74% of Americans say without the loyalty
program, they buy less!